Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 5, 2009 ~ Your Calling to Judgement

Where are you headed and do you take God's call seriously?

Today's Scripture:


Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men.


2 Corinthians 5:11


One of the three ways in which we are called as believers is a call or summons to judgment. And frankly, the thought of it unsettles me. In fact, when I read what the apostle Paul says about the judgment seat of Christ, it is very sobering. He tells us about "that day" in today's scripture that someday you and I will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account for the works done in the body.

Think about that for a moment. Isn’t that unsettling to you?

The apostle Paul who wrote the great majority of the New Testament, who walked the known world three times to establish churches and to preach the gospel where it had been previously unpreached, who gave his life, and according to church history, was even martyred for the cause of Christ, and he refers to the judgment seat of Christ as “the terror of the Lord.”

Wow! That is just unnerving.

Someday I really want to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” After years of running away or just hoping I would be ok I’m now taking God’s call seriously. Now, I am enjoying life to the max, and enjoying my walk with God as I grow in so many ways, but there is always that serious edge I think I have to prevent me from falling back to my old self...knowing that I am going to have to stand before Jesus someday. To all my brothers and sisters who read this please know I do not share this in my devotion to scare or intimidate anyone but instead to share with you, just like I did at vacation bible school with my classes that "God is all powerful" & "God does what He says He will do!" With Him we have nothing and I mean nothing to fear.

Selah people' and friends my prayer for you today is that you, too, would take your call before the judgment seat of Christ seriously. Someday you will stand before our Lord and give an account of every part of your life.

"May you hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” That is my prayer and word for you today."

Your pastor,

Rev Patrick Muston ~ Via mobile Mount Olive, NC ~ "Pickle Capital of the World"

Audio Sermon link for August 2nd, 2009 can be found on our media site below...Note: Special music before message "This little light of mine." Click link below. http://selahmedia.tripod.com/