Thursday, October 23, 2008

God Knows More Than You Do



Today's Scripture: Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

Dylan was furious. It was his sixteenth birthday, and he wanted to spend it with his friends. But his parents insisted that he spend the evening with them. Dylan pouted through dinner. The truth is, he was acting as my mom used to say "like a jerk." He didn't say a word to his parents on the way home from the restaurant. He planned to go straight into his room and close the door behind him.

What a shock when Dylan opened the front door and heard the happy shouts of his friends: "Surprise!!!" All at once he realized just how mean and wrong he had been. The only reason his parents had insisted on taking him out was so his friends could get things ready for the surprise birthday party. His parents wanted his friends to be there to see him get the keys to his first car. Dylan was almost too ashamed of himself to enjoy it.

Like Dylan, sometimes you and I can't see the whole picture. If you lean on your own understanding, you're going to come to some wrong conclusions. But God does see the big picture. He's got the whole world in his hands. He knows what's best for you. More than that, he desires whats best for you and is able to make it happen, even if that means directing you through things that aren't much fun at the time.

The experiences that leave you wanting to grumble and pout are leading you toward the happy surprise of God's good purposes for your life.

Yesterday during my dinner break away from the state fair I stop by the hospital to visit with my friends Christopher and Pete Keen. As I shared the experiences of the day and details of the fair they shared it had been some time since they were last able to go to the State Fair. While I road back to work with my crew I thought how on the ride over I felt a little tired and had my grumble going pretty good in my mind. Like Dylan, I too needed to be reminded of how good God can be in those opportunities of life. I thank my two brothers in Christ for helping me remember my blessings.

Selah people' and friends are you grumbling, what about? What aspect of your life does God seem to have forgotten about? Give it to God, and trust him. He know more than you do!

"Peace be with you and yours as you face what God has for you to face today, remember He knows what He is doing."

Your pastor,

Rev Muston(PreacherPatrick)