Friday, May 8, 2009

God's Stress Test

What condition is your heart in?

Today's Scripture:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.

Psalm 139:23

Cardiologists often use a stress test to reveal the condition of a patients heart. The exam will indicate if enough oxygen is flowing to the heart. It can also predict whether potential risks of serious problems are present. The procedure of the stress test is for the patient to walk on a treadmill for several minutes. While on his or her stationary journey, the walker speeds their pace on a progressive incline as the doctor increases the demand for performance. The physically demanding test pushes the heart to a stress point to detect problems and weaknesses.

God sometimes gives a stress test too. Like a doctor, he examines your heart to reveal your weaknesses and surface potential illness.

Often your heart can be tested by the challenging situations that anger you. When you are pushed to your limit of patience, your words can reveal the condition of your heart. Painful situations can also test your heart's strength. When you are hurt or betrayed, your willingness to forgive is an indicator of a healthy heart.

The purpose of a stress test is to examine the condition of the heart before any damage is done to it. The test reveals what corrections and preventive methods need to be put into place to maintain optimal health. Regular heart checkups, both physical and spiritual, can keep you in a strong condition to fulfill your purpose. So you should guard the condition of your heart.

Today I experienced a day that would qualify as a stress test with the progressive incline of challenges. Some where past the middle of the day when I had worked through lunch, then through break I reached the peak and as I was about lose sight of the prize God reminded me of my weakness and where I can improve. Once that moment occurred I was able to carry on and nothing else that came at me was going to stand in my way. Often when we' pay attention to
God's test and the results we can move forward with a heart that God intended.

Selah people' and friends ask God to look deep into your heart. If you detect unforgiveness, stress, or anxiety, begin a wellness plan today. Seek ways to decrease your anxiety and increase your peace.

"God knows your heart and thoughts so choose today to learn and grow from the weaknesses that God reveals in the tests of life."

Your pastor,

Rev Patrick Muston