Friday, November 23, 2012

June 23, 2012 ~ Humbly Serve...

Today's Scripture:

Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.

1 Peter 4:10

Today's Word:

I have a couple secular degrees however I am not a highly-educated theologian, but that being said I am a student of God's word and have the love of Christ in my heart, and I use every spare moment I have to serve Him and serve others. God calls on us to serve others whenever possible so I have answered His call to volunteer and serve His church. My answering this call has allowed  me to get close to others by being there to visit the sick, donating clothes, food for the hungry I feel good knowing that I am serving a vital purpose in my church at Selah Christian Church and our Graham Community.

For me it has led me to pastor the last 10 years at a God loving community church. My first 10 years however was carried out just doing the simple task of being there for my neighbors. When we love and serve our neighbors, we show our devotion to God. Good deeds may or may not require much time. It may be a visit at the hospital, retirement home or hospice. A card, call, email or text can encourage someone.  Being there for your fellow servants to support them if they are doing things in the community or at church come out and show them you care what they are doing. Young and old know how much you care by your presence

Selah people and friends, In a short time, we can be good and faithful servants. A seemingly small act may stay in the heart and mind of another person for years to come. Even more important,  when we extend a hand to someone who needs help, we do the work God calls us to do.

Our Prayer For Today:
Lord, thank you for the blessings you have given each of us. Help us to open our hearts and minds turn to our neighbors,  passing along the blessings you have given us. We give glory to you, Lord Jesus, and pray as you taught us, "Our Father which art in heaven hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. In Jesus' name.

Your brother in Christ,
Patrick

Rev Patrick Muston - Pastor
Selah Christian Church - Four Oaks, NC