Friday, March 4, 2011

March 4, 2011 ~ You Have the Advantage

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:


"...His favor is for a lifetime..."

Psalm 30:5

TODAY'S WORD:

One definition of the word "favor" is an advantage for success. When you put God first, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor — you have the advantage for success! Even if someone has wronged you and it looks like they have the upper hand, even if it looks like things are never going to change, you need to keep reminding yourself, "I have an advantage. God is in control of my destiny. He's fighting my battles for me. He is my vindicator, and it's just a matter of time before things change in my favor." I ask you men and women of God are you in a scrap? Are you giving 110% knowing that without a doubt our Lord and Savior has your back and will give you all you need to win the battle? I was inspired last night when my good friend Ed had lost his barn and some of his goats and he remained strong thankful God was still with him. I returned home and the Sanchez vs. Kampman mixed martial arts bout was on...again two people in the middle of a battle and when Diego Sanchez had his hand raised in victory he proclaimed he owed it all to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Selah people' and friends I love the scripture in Hebrews that says, "Don't cast away your confidence." One translation says, "...for payday is coming." In the difficult times, you have to remind yourself that payday is on its way! God is a faithful God. If you'll keep doing the right thing, honoring Him and expecting His favor, God has promised He will pay you back. He will restore everything in your life that the enemy has stolen so you can live the abundant life He has promised to you.

Brothers and sisters in Christ do not give up know matter how bad or overwhelming it may seem for you today. God's favor for you as the word proclaims is for a lifetime. My prayers are with each of you today and if you are reading this today and you have fallen away or have never known this favor I speak of it is just a prayer away. Ask Christ to come into your life and take control and He will give you that peace that passes all understanding.

OUR PRAYER FOR TODAY:

"Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy and everlasting favor. I open my heart and mind to You and receive everything You have for me. Thank You for restoring and healing every area of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen."


In Christ service,


Patrick


Rev Patrick Muston, Senior Pastor


Selah Christian Church

Four Oaks, NC

http://selahchurch.com