Saturday, December 5, 2009

December 5, 2009 ~ Never Forsaken...

What do you need today? God will never forsake you.

Today's Scripture:

I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread.

Psalm 37:25

An Indian woman at a missions conference in Calcutta stood before a large crowd and held up hands with only a few fingers. Because her body was ravaged by leprosy, it was hard for many even to look at her. But her face was radiant. "Thank God," she said. "Thank God for my leprosy. For because of it, I cam to know him. I was drawn to him because of my suffering, and I became a believer in him when I realized his love and goodness. From that time, I have never been hungry or thirsty, and I have helped many others find in him the answer to their deepest needs. "She then quoted Psalm 37:25, adding that it had proved true in her life.

God sometimes guides circumstances, whether good or bad, in order to draw you closer to himself. At times you may have a need because he wants you to turn to him for help. When he answers, he will be glorified and your faith will be built up. This verse from the Psalms shows you the powerful truth that God never leaves his children begging. He will always respond to your needs and meet them on his timetable. You can trust that he has allowed that need to exist because he wants you to pray and ask him to meet it.

Selah people' and friends this verse is central for you because it reminds you that when you're living for God, he is going to see that you are taken care of. He will care for you emotionally and materially, and will care for you and your children.

"Take a hard look at your life. You probably have new needs every day...I know I do. Join me as we turn to God and watch him supply, and then you can tell the world how God really does supply everything."

Your pastor,

Rev Patrick Muston


Selah Christian Church

Four Oaks, NC


http://selahchurch.com