Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2, 2010 ~ Spirit of Unity



TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:


"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus"

Romans 15:5

I ask you as my brothers and sisters do you find that you are surrounded by people all the time, but yet you still feel disconnected? In your family, is everyone going in different directions, always busy, always doing their own thing? I've found that we really have to make a conscious effort to walk and live in unity with the people in our lives and not allow distractions to pull us apart. Yesterday, my daughter Maddie was celebrating with end of school awards in the gym at Grantham. I had worked all day trying to get the ducks-in-a-row as they say so I could go and share one hour with her. Of course the business of work and life tried to stand between me and getting to her. Sometimes we have to make a stand if we are going to truly connect and walk in the unity of the spirit with those we care most about.

Walking in a spirit of unity goes beyond just getting along, it's about going the extra mile to support one another and lift each other up. If you want to get the most out of life, you've got to draw a line in the sand and say,

"I'm going to slow down and connect with the people I love. I'm not going to take my relationships for granted."

Selah people' and friends start today by calling a friend or family member that you haven't talked to in a while. Reach out to them and let them know they are important. Make time to have dinner as a family and support each other's activities. When you walk and live in unity, you bless the Lord and open the door for His supernatural blessing in your own life in return!


OUR PRAYER FOR TODAY:

"Father in heaven, thank You for the relationships in my life. Help me find creative ways to connect with the people I love. Help me to walk and live in a spirit of unity as You commanded. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Your brother in Christ,
Patrick


Rev Patrick Muston, Senior Pastor

Selah Christian Church
Four Oaks, NC
http://selahchurch.com


Listen to our music special and sermon message each week via our Selah media website:
http://selahmedia.tripod.com


Share a daily scripture and devotion at our church blog:
http://selahchurch.blogspot.com