Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012 ~ Call It Like You See It!

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:

"God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did"

Romans 4:17

TODAY'S WORD:

One thing I've learned is that God calls the things that are not as if they already are. He doesn't call you what you are; He calls you the way He sees you. That's because He creates with His words, and you do, too.  Remember that God designed and wired you a certain way. Designed for good works as the word reminds us in (Ephesians 2:10). I also must note that Callings do not need to be entirely or just a calling to preach – you can be called to be a teacher, plumber, mother, banker, travel agent, builder, politician, engineer, journalist, artist, nurse…and you can answer your call and do it to serve God and His people, our brothers and sisters in Christ as well as to help reach the lost. God calls you to use the gifts you have that are part of you to demonstrate who he is, as well as to "do stuff" which is a part of our christian walk with the Lord.

I can remember when I stepped up to pastor Selah church full time the first Sunday of 2003 a little over 9 years ago (seems like just a year or so ago), I'd never ministered/pastor a congregation before. I had served Browning's United Methodist as a lay leader,Chairman of the administrative board, council member, choir, Sunday school teacher and yes I had filled pulpits for 9 years as "fill in" any where and any denomination that called me but  for me to be the leader of a flock I was afraid. I felt unqualified, inexperienced, and intimidated. The whole time, on the inside, I could hear that still, small voice saying, "Patrick, you are well able. You can do all things through Christ. Stop running from this and run to it. Get after it for son you have what it takes. You are strong in the Lord." God was calling me something that I was not. I was not strong and bold and confident. I was weak, insecure, and intimidated. Somehow, like many other pastors before me I had the faith to believe what God said about me, not what negative thoughts I was having or excuses. And it didn't happen overnight, but little by little, I became what God called me(Pastor to a thriving, living, breathing, growing congregation of fellow believers). Today I still battle to be more for God and to be transformed to all He wants me to become for my family, my congregation, my community and for all the loss I have yet to share the good news with.

Selah people' and friends today, follow His example and call things that are not as though they are. Look through your eyes of faith and call it like you see it. Don't use your words to talk about your situation; use your words to change your situation. Keep speaking words of faith, keep praying, keep believing and keep moving forward into the bright future He has for you!

OUR PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Father God, today I choose to look through my eyes of faith and call things that are not as though they are. I declare victory over every area of my life no matter what is happening around me. Thank You for the gift of faith. In Jesus' Name Amen.

Your brother in Christ,

Patrick

Rev Patrick Muston, Senior Pastor

Selah Christian Church

Four Oaks, NC

http://selahchurch.com