Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3, 2012 ~ Hide in the right place

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:

"In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock"
Psalm 27:5

TODAY'S WORD:

Have you ever watched children play hide and seek? They look for the best place to hide in the house or yard and wait quietly for their friend to try to find them. I remember on one occasion when I was a boy I had a little laugh at my brother Matthew's expense when he and I played a game of hide and seek with a group of neighborhood kids our old house. He is my baby brother, five years younger and he came to me as his big brother and wanted me to tell him a great place to hide.

We were in Mama's laundry room so I suggested the dryer would be a great place since he was small and could fit. WARNING DISCLAIMER: I would not suggest this to anyone today and would caution parents to warn your children who are keeping your children that this is dangerous. That being said and to make a long story short the next person to be "it" in our game was me and sure enough when I entered the laundry room what did I see but a crack from the dryer with an eye staring back at me. I let him sweat for a minute or two thinking that maybe I would not find him in that almost perfect hiding place but sure enough I did and after a few tumbles around the dryer after I had closed the door and hit the "on" button the game was over and once again Matt was threatening that he was going to tell Mama when she got home.

Hide and seek is a fun game for kids, but even as adults we need a good place to hide from time to time don't we? Sometimes we need a place of refuge, a place of safety, a place to rest when we feel overwhelmed by the circumstances of life; a place where the enemy of our soul can never find us.

The good news is that God has the perfect hiding place for you! You don't have to hide in your job. You don't have to hide in relationships. You don't have to hide in food or addictions because God Himself promises to hide you! He freely offers you shelter from the storms of life any time you call on His name.

Selah people' and friends remember there's only one place the enemy cannot find you. There's only one place where opposition cannot steal from you. There's only one true place of safety and rest for your soul, and that is in the arms of Jesus. Know that He loves you, and He is ready to receive you when you call on His name!

OUR PRAYER FOR TODAY:

"Father, today I come humbly before You giving You all that I am. Thank You for hiding me in Your shelter and keeping me safe from the storms of life. My soul finds rest in You as I seek You and praise Your holy name in Jesus' name. Amen."


Your brother in Christ,

Patrick


Rev Patrick Muston, Senior Pastor

Selah Christian Church

Four Oaks, NC

http://selahchurch.com