Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011 ~ No Reply Necessary…

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:

"When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer. Then Pilate asked him, 'Don't you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?' But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge — to the great amazement of the governor"
(Matthew 27:12–14, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD:

I had a man ask me what I thought about two men he named, but I didn't know much about them and I'd never spent much time with them to really know them. So I just replied, "I'm sorry. I don't really know them." He began to laugh and thought that was so funny. I asked him, "Well, you tell me who are they?"

He said, "Patrick, they are two of your most outspoken critics. They're always talking about you." "Don't you ever just want to snap and put them in their place?"

You see my friends he couldn't believe that I didn't have something bad to say about either of them. In my spiritual walk and through life lessons I've learned over the last 42 years I've learned that you can't waste your time engaging in conflicts that don't matter. There will always be critics. There will always be naysayers, but we have to follow the example of Jesus. When He was falsely accused, He didn't try to defend Himself. He gave no reply to the charges against Him.

Selah people' and friends remember, the critics cannot keep you from your destiny. They don't define who you are. They don't determine your worth and value. You are a child of the Most High God. The Creator of the universe breathed life into you. As a believer in Jesus, you are crowned with favor. Turn away from accusing voices so you can focus on the destiny God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY:

"Father, today I cling to You because You are my defender! I choose to turn away from accusing voices. I choose to turn away from petty conflicts. I look to You knowing that You are leading and guiding me in paths of victory in Jesus' name. Amen."


Your brother in Christ,

Patrick


Rev Patrick Muston, Senior Pastor

Selah Christian Church

Four Oaks, NC

http://selahchurch.com