Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20, 2011 ~ As You Wait

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.”

James 5:7

TODAY’S WORD:

God has put dreams and desires in every person’s heart. But most times, there’s a season of waiting involved. Maybe you’re waiting for a relationship to improve; waiting to get married; waiting for a promotion; or waiting to overcome an illness. Waiting to die or waiting to start living. Much of life is spent waiting. But there’s a right way to wait and there’s a wrong way to wait. Too often, when things don’t happen on our timetable, we get down and discouraged or anxious and fretful.

That’s because my friends, not trying to be stepping on your toes but we’re not waiting the right way.

Notice that today’s verse doesn’t say if you wait, it says as you wait. The fact is we’re all going to wait. It goes on to say that we should consider how the farmer waits — patiently and eagerly.

We’re not supposed to sit around discouraged; we’re supposed to be hopeful, positive and full of expectancy!

I got word today of one of my friends and a mentor Harry Pugliese who went to be with our Lord. He used to pull me over as both a sheriff and later chief of my home town. Yes, before I was a preacher I too was a teenager that needed someone older and wiser to give me good advice and warning about what I needed to be doing and not doing. I was caught by surprise by this as “Pug” was just commenting the other day on how much he enjoyed reading my blog posts of Facebook. He too was waiting to go and I did not even anticipate his time here coming to an end. I know had I known I would have rushed to be by his side one more time, as would so many others. I do know by God’s word and reminder today that the harvest will come and those few of us who know Him will be gathered up together and separated from the chaff. Today we can be assured Pug has received the ultimate healing and God makes no mistakes. I lift special prayer for his family, friends and the town of Swansboro and so many he touched in his time waiting to move on to eternity.

Selah people’ and friends today, no matter what you are praying for, expect things to change in your favor. Today could be the day that God turns it all around. As you wait with patience and expectancy, you’ll open the door for God to move. He’ll fight your battles, and you’ll see that abundant harvest He’s promised in every area of your life.

OUR PRAYER FOR TODAY:

“Father God, today I choose to wait expectantly for You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I put my trust and hope in You knowing that You have good things in store for my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

In Christ service,

Patrick

Rev Patrick Muston, Senior Pastor

Selah Christian Church

Four Oaks, NC

http://selahchurch.com

Link to special Matthew West Worship music Video from May 15, 2011 at Selah:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5CvuvSF-BuiNDM3NmUyNDEtMDM1ZS00NmY3LWE0YzEtZTJlMDQ5NGIyNTk4&sort=name&layout=list&num=50